Is there pink on your pillowcase, or in the sink when you brush? Do you have an unusual taste, or persistent bad breath? You likely have gingivitis, the early stage of gum disease. These symptoms are easy to ignore, but the condition is a serious threat to your oral health and whole-body wellness. Dr. Baldwin Marchack and Dr. Christopher Marchack evaluate periodontal disease and provide effective integrated treatment to keep their patients in the Pasadena, CA area healthy.
What happens in your mouth . . .
Does not stay in your mouth! This warm, moist environment hosts many strains of bacteria. When certain types overpopulate they cause serious problems:
- A sticky film of plaque forms to protect bacteria and trap sugars and starches they feed on. Their acidic excretions irritate delicate gum tissue.
- When plaque is not removed with frequent brushing and flossing, it hardens into tartar, inflaming gums.
- Eventually gums become loosen from teeth. Bacteria flourish deep in these pockets, infecting ligaments and bone.
- Root surfaces are exposed, allowing decay at the gum line.
- Teeth become crooked, loose, fall out, or must be extracted.
- Bacteria that cause gum disease travel through the bloodstream, triggering systemic inflammation linked to diabetes, stroke, heart attack, and other grave conditions.
The good news
Gingivitis can be reversed and kept at bay with proper oral hygiene. Periodontal disease may be treated and managed on an on-going basis. Lost bone and teeth can be replaced. With a comprehensive care program, you can have a healthy, attractive smile.
The dentists at Pasadena Prosthodontics and General Dentistry are experts in tooth replacement. Plus, they have experience in all aspects of dentistry, and a network of trusted associates in specialized areas such as periodontics. They develop a treatment plan of nonsurgical and surgical techniques to restore gum health. A tooth-by-tooth analysis determines which can be saved and which are compromised by bone loss. The dentist evaluates how they may best be restored to reinstate back teeth support for a comfortable, balanced bite.
Your gum health is in good hands with integrated treatment for periodontal disease. Call 855.770.3737 to schedule an appointment in Pasadena, CA.