The specialty of prosthodontics had its start in creating dentures. While all dentists receive basic education in dentures, dental school curriculum is meager in this area. Thus, most dentists don’t feel confident enough to seek denture cases, and may only do a few each year, never truly gaining experience. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Christopher Marchack has extensive background in all phases of dentures, producing a superior product that keeps Pasadena, CA patients smiling.
Dr. Marchack takes immense pride in hand-crafting dentures that look beautifully natural, feel comfortable and secure, help to fill out facial contours, and allow you to eat the foods you love.
You have many options in denture materials and styles, but whatever you choose, at Pasadena Prosthodontics and General Dentistry, you are assured of Dr. Marchack’s attention to every detail. He personally designs all dentures, using contemporary digital technologies to ensure optimal fit and bite balance. Dentures are fabricated to his exacting standards in the practice’s in-house lab, and Dr. Marchack sets each tooth himself.
Dentures at Pasadena Prosthodontics by Dr. Christopher Marchack
What are the types of dentures?
Dentures are prostheses to replace missing teeth. There are multiple forms of dentures.
Partial dentures are for patients who have some missing teeth. Complete or full dentures are for patients who are missing all of their teeth in an arch.
Then there are implant-supported dentures, which we use dental implants to help hold or retain a removable denture.
What are the benefits of implant-supported dentures?
These procedures have great benefits for patients who have a damaged or failing dentition where they have to lose some or all of their teeth.
The implant retained dentures help patients regain their chewing efficiency, ability to eat properly, and gain the aesthetics they desire.
Give us a call today to get your smile complete with dentures.
- Partial – A partial replaces one or multiple teeth in an arch, and clips to existing teeth for support. It is removable for cleaning.
- Full – This is a whole upper or lower arch of teeth. It may be made of rigid materials, or a flexible base with hard plastic teeth.
- Complete – A full set of upper and lower teeth, designed to work together.
- Immediate – This type of denture is made in advance and inserted as soon as teeth are extracted. You don’t have to go without teeth, but it must be relined or replaced after healing is complete.
- Implant-retained – The premier denture solution. This is an entire upper or lower arch, anchored by four or more dental implants. All-on-4 is the only type of denture that provides support for back teeth and preserves facial bone. Plus, an upper implant-retained denture does not cover the palate, so taste and temperature sensation are not impaired.
At our office in Pasadena, CA, dentures are not a tooth loss issue – they are a quality of life issue. Call 855.770.3737 to start loving your smile again.