Discover the benefits of removable partial dentures for front or back teeth in Pasadena
The loss of a tooth can be stressful. Tooth loss can be caused by trauma to the mouth, poor hygiene, or illness. Pasadena Prosthodontics and General Dentistry in Pasadena offer full and partial dentures to meet patients’ varying replacement needs. Dentures and restorations are not limited to molars or back teeth. Removable partial dentures may include partial dentures for the front teeth.
With so many options how do you know which denture is right for you? A consultation helps determine your needs based on the quality of your current teeth, how many teeth you have and your lifestyle needs. Maintaining the health and integrity of your mouth is the ultimate dental goal.
What are partial dentures?
As the name implies, partial dentures replace some teeth, not an entire arch. The remaining teeth provide support by helping to anchor the partial denture. Unlike a full denture that snaps into place over the entire arch or jaw, a partial denture has clasps that attach to the adjacent teeth holding in place. This ensures a stable restoration that does not move while you are talking or eating. The chewing force is transferred and balanced so you can eat naturally without excess stress on the denture or the teeth.
Benefits of partial dentures
The benefits of partial dentures include:
- Tooth replacement – Partial dentures can replace a single tooth or multiple teeth. They may also be used for the front or back teeth.
- Affordable – Depending on the number of teeth to be replaced, dentures may be more affordable than other dental restorations.
- Aesthetically pleasing – Missing teeth create gaps in the mouth. With a denture in place, the smile is complete.
- Safe – Partial dentures do not cause damage to the surrounding teeth.
- Surgery free – The denture process usually does not require surgery to create or fit the restoration.
- Removable – Whether they replace the front or back teeth, partial dentures are removable. They can be taken out for easy cleaning.
Schedule an Appointment
Don’t let missing teeth stop you from smiling. For more information on removable partial dentures or dentures for front teeth, contact Pasadena Prosthodontics and General Dentistry in Pasadena. Call 855.770.3737.Back to Dentures Page