You are cordially invited to “meet” the dental team that has been caring for the smiles of residents in Pasadena, CA since 1971, with a full range of general dentistry and prosthodontic solutions. Keep reading to learn more about their careers. Then call 855.770.3737 to schedule a visit with Dr. Baldwin Marchack or Dr. Christopher Marchack.
Baldwin Marchack, DDS, MBA
With a keen eye for detail and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, Dr. Baldwin Marchack naturally gravitated to the field of dentistry. He earned Doctor of Dental Surgery credentials from USC School of Dentistry in 1971 and went on to complete MBA studies at UCLA in 1989.
In 2012, the American College of Prosthodontists inducted Dr. Marchack as an honorary member based on his vast experience, professional presentation, published works, and other stringent criteria. He has the distinction of being the last general dentist to earn this recognition.
Dr. Marchack has a strong belief in knowledge-sharing, teaching restorative implant dentistry continuing education courses at USC and serving on the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC Board of Councilors. He serves as course director for a training program in comprehensive surgical and restorative implant dentistry at USC Hong Kong, and he chairs the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry’s Editorial Council.
The doctor stays current with the latest advances in this fast-evolving field through many professional affiliations:
- Academy for Excellence in Dentistry (Los Angeles, CA) – Founding Member
- Academy of Osseointegration – Member
- Academy of Prosthodontics – Member
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry – Past President
- American College of Dentists – Fellow
- American Prosthodontic Society – Past President
- International College of Dentists – Fellow
- International College of Prosthodontists – Member
- Newport Harbor Academy of Dentistry – Member
- Osseointegration Study Club of Southern California – Past President
- Pacific Coast Society for Prosthodontics – Past President
- Pierre Fauchard Academy – Fellow
Despite many awards and acknowledgements throughout his career, Dr. Marchack cites his proudest accomplishment as the relationships he has developed with patients at his private practice. He serves the Pasadena community with a focus on restorative, esthetic, and implant dentistry that genuinely improves quality of life.
Christopher Marchack, DDS
Dr. Christopher Marchack joined his father’s practice in 1987, bringing a wealth of up-to-the-minute academic training from the highly-esteemed University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco.
After three years in general practice at the elbow of his mentor, Dr. Marchack determined that he needed to learn more about the overall scope of dentistry. He furthered his education, completing studies in prosthodontics at USC School of Dentistry in 1992. This specialization gave him added confidence in providing the best possible patient care, an assurance that now flows through the practice. He chose prosthodontics because it pulls in all aspects of dentistry and gives patients the choices they deserve.
Dr. Marchack currently serves as Associate Clinical Professor at University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Department of Continuing Education, and is co-director of their New Odontic Seminar. He is also Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences; and Clinical Instructor at the University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry, Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences.
He is a published author on topics related to restorative implant dentistry, in several peer-reviewed journals. He sits on the editorial review board for the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants. Dr. Marchack has been featured on local and national television segments about dentistry, and he lectures on national and international levels.
Dr. Marchack maintains active membership in:
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Academy of Prosthodontics
- American College of Prosthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Prosthodontists
- San Gabriel Valley Dental Implant Study Club – Founder and Current Director
- Southern California Osseointegration Study Club
He approaches the daily challenges of dental care with boundless enthusiasm and good humor, greatly enjoying the company of his patients and the dental team at Pasadena Prosthodontics and General Dentistry.
Eugenia Chan, DDS, MMSc
Dr. Eugenia Chan’s passion for rebuilding damaged teeth is only matched by her passion to educate and serve others – be it dental students, patients, or underserved children, seniors, and families. A graduate of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California, Dr. Chan went on to earn her certificate in prosthodontics from one of the world’s top dental schools: the Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM).
While pursuing her Doctor of Dental Surgery and Master of Medical Science in Oral Biology degrees from USC and HDSM respectively, Dr. Chan’s proficiency in restorations and tooth replacement, as well as her excellent communication skills, was on display as an instructor and teacher’s assistant, and attending to pre-clinical students at Harvard’s “school within a school”: the Harvard Dental Center.
Dr. Chan has worked side-by-side with Harvard and USC professors on research related to advanced dental materials and technologies. She deftly juggled the pursuit of her DDS and prosthodontist certificate, an achievement that requires at least three years of additional training and education beyond dental school (as one of nine specialties recognized by the American Dental Association), with an array of leadership and community involvement activities.
Throughout her more than 11 years of advanced dentistry training, Dr. Chan committed herself to serve others, partly:
- Via USC’s mobile clinic, she provided free dental care to children who otherwise wouldn’t have access to the routine, quality services needed to stay healthy. In preparation for week-long rotations for fourth-year dental students, Dr. Chan also led pediatric treatment planning, diagnostics, and hygienic periodontal services.
- Volunteered her dental skills to provide free care, including fillings and bonding, to underserved populations throughout Greater Los Angeles as part of AYUDA International.
- Via the Spread the Smile Campaign, Dr. Chan equipped local students at elementary schools near USC with the techniques they need to have a beautiful and healthy smile, including proper brushing and flossing, and a nutritious diet.
- By inspiring others with the Delta Delta Sigma Pre-Dental Honor Society to volunteer their time and skills to AYUDA International and the Spread the Smile Campaign, and these organizations’ efforts to improve access to dental care and oral health education.
Dr. Chan was also recognized by the Commonwealth of Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services for her work on online bilingual dental education. The curriculum was designed in conjunction with Kentucky’s new health and well-being program for low-income youth, adults, and seniors.
A proud advocate for women’s representation in dentistry and Asian American students, Dr. Chan served on the Lucy Taylor Hobbs Society to foster support and networking among female dental students, the SoCal Asian Greek Council Board, and Asian Pacific Student Assembly. She is also proficient in conversational Cantonese.
When Dr. Chan isn’t creating beautiful smiles with restorations and prosthetics that are indistinguishable from healthy, natural tooth material, or empowering patients and communities to “be well” through outreach and one-on-one education, she can be found enjoying arts and crafts, or water-based pursuits – from swimming and water polo, to scuba diving and fishing.