Dental Implants — The Gold Standard for Tooth Replacement
It would be wonderful if no one ever lost their teeth. But the reality is tooth loss happens. People develop tooth decay that leads to tooth loss. Sometimes, severely damaged teeth need removal. For other people, teeth get knocked out of their sockets through trauma.
If you miss one tooth or many teeth, Dr. Christopher Marchack urges you to immediately replace what you have lost to avoid the oral challenges of missing teeth. Our team at Pasadena Prosthodontics installs high-quality dental implants to improve your smile and quality of life.
Dental Implants Procedure
Installing dental implants requires the hands of a professional who understands the start to finish process of dental placement. Luckily, the dental team at our office has the expertise and experience to install high-functional dental implants, all under one roof — no need to send you to oral surgeons and other dental experts. We do everything right here in our office!
The procedure starts with a consultation with our dentist. We explain the treatment, answer your questions, and discuss budget implications. If everything is good to go, we examine your oral health to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for dental implants. We take dental x-rays to establish whether you have a healthy jawbone. If not, we will recommend bone grafting.
If you have sufficient jawbone, the dental implant procedure will take the steps below:
- Anesthesia: To ensure that the treatment is discomfort-free, we numb your mouth to eliminate any pain.
- Implant insertion: Next, we surgically insert the implant post beneath your gum line using a special drill and other tools. But if you have a damaged tooth, this will be removed first to create room for the implant.
- Healing: We will give the surgical site between two and six months to heal. During this time, the biocompatible titanium implant post integrates with the jawbone to form a firm anchorage, just like your natural tooth root.
- Abutment placement: Once we establish that the implant post is firmly grounded in the bone, we install an abutment, which connects the implant to the prosthetic component.
- Prosthetic placement: Depending on the number of teeth missing, we may install a crown, bridge, or dentures to complete the implant installation process.
Schedule an Appointment
The dental implant process may take months, but the wait is well worth it because you get a tooth replacement that looks, feels, and functions like your natural tooth.
Why dental implants are the gold standard in tooth replacement
While dentures and bridges are great options in replacing teeth, none can match the power of a dental implant. Dental implants are the next best thing to your natural teeth because:
- Implants prevent bone loss
- They are natural-looking
- Dental implants last for life with proper oral hygiene
- They aren’t cumbersome to maintain
- Restore your oral functionality as if you had 100% of your natural teeth
If you have lost one or several teeth, dental implants are the best option to restore your smile. If you are in Pasadena, CA, and its environs, please dial 855.770.3737 for affordable dental implants from Pasadena Prosthodontics.Back to Dental Implants Page