Dental Implants, A Smart Choice for Replacing Lost Teeth
If you’re dealing with tooth loss, you know the difficulties that come with missing teeth. Even losing one tooth can be inconvenient, especially if it’s a tooth that’s highly visible. Fortunately, modern dentistry offers multiple options for replacing lost teeth. Of these options, more people are turning to dental implants to restore their smiles. Implants may be more costly initially, but the long-term benefits make them an excellent investment for your dental health. If you live in Pasadena, California, or surrounding communities, you can come to Pasadena Prosthodontics for natural-looking dental implant treatment.
Permanent Teeth Dentition
Implants consist of a titanium rod (aka the implant), an abutment (connector), and a prosthetic tooth or teeth. The rod is surgically implanted into your jaw, gradually integrating into your bone system and becoming your new tooth root. This process may take between three to six months to complete. Once completed, Dr. Christopher Marchack will attach an abutment to hold your replacement teeth in place.
For single implants, a dental crown will serve as your prosthetic tooth. If you’ve lost several teeth in a row, we’ll replace them with an implant-supported bridge. If all your teeth need to be removed due to damage caused by gum disease, we’ll replace them with implant-supported dentures using the all-on-four dental implant system. Your prosthetics will be custom-made to meet your unique dental needs.
Life-long Benefits of Implants as Replacement Teeth
Whether you’ve lost one tooth, several, or all of them, implants make a smart choice for restoring your smile due to their life-long benefits. Unlike traditional dentures that don’t always fit comfortably or slip and slide when talking or eating, implants give you secure, stable replacement teeth. The implant functions like a natural tooth root to keep your new teeth firmly in place when in use. Your replacement teeth will be every bit as secure and stable as your natural teeth.
With dental implants, you gain:
- Greater confidence to dine with family and friends without fear of losing your prosthetic teeth
- Natural-looking pearly whites you can show off proudly
- Prosthetics that are easy to care for, just like natural teeth. All implants need is daily brushing, flossing, and routine dental cleaning to stay healthy and clean
- The freedom of eating all your favorite foods. Implants restore your chewing power for eating crunchy fruits and vegetables, healthy meats, and other foods that make up a nutritious diet
- Improved oral health as implants prevent jawbone loss, preserve your bite and facilitate tooth brushing and flossing to avoid problems with decay and gum disease
Schedule an Appointment
Replacing lost teeth with implants is an investment in your smile’s health, function, and appearance. You’ll have strong, healthy replacement teeth that look, act, and feel like the “real deal.”Back to Replace Dentitions with Dental Implants Page