Get your smile back with customized denture service in Pasadena, CA
Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you, and if you are suffering from tooth loss, you may be self-conscious about your teeth or embarrassed to engage with people in social and work situations. Fortunately, advances in dental technologies have resulted in more tooth replacement options than ever before. One of the most affordable options that provides great results for people with multiple missing teeth is dentures. At Pasadena Prosthodontics in Pasadena, CA, we can help you get your smile back with our customized denture service.
Benefits of dentures
Dentures are a set of false teeth that are intended to replace any number of missing teeth. They offer many benefits to patients who have lost a few or all their teeth:
- They restore the function of your teeth to allow you to properly chew, swallow, and speak clearly again
- They boost your self-confidence by improving the appearance of your smile
- They help fill in your cheeks and reduce the “sunken-in” and aged appearance to your face that can occur when you are missing teeth
- You can remove dentures for your comfort at night
- Dentures look natural so people will not know you have them
- They are one of the most affordable tooth replacement options for multiple missing teeth
Types of dentures
There are several different types of dentures, as well as options for materials from which they are made. First, dentures are categorized by how many teeth they are replacing in your mouth:
- Full dentures are just what they sound like – they replace a full arch of missing teeth (either the upper or lower). Full dentures are completely removable and are held in place with natural suction, or sometimes with the help of adhesive. If you have a full denture on your top arch, the denture covers the roof of your mouth (your palate) to help keep it securely in place.
- Complete dentures are two full dentures – one for the top arch and one for the lower – that our dentists custom-design to work together for optimal fit and function.
- Partial dentures are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They attach to your existing teeth with clips to help keep them in place and are also fully removable. Over time, adjustments may be necessary for partial dentures because they tend to become loose due to the way they clip into your mouth.
In addition, there are different methods that can be used to create the dentures and place them in your mouth.
Conventional dentures are fabricated and placed in your mouth after your tissues have had time to heal following dental extractions; the process can sometimes take many months but may require fewer adjustments in the long run.
Immediate dentures are placed on the same day that extractions take place, so you do not have to go for any period without teeth. The way we can do this is by taking impressions of your mouth before the extractions so that the dentures can be fabricated prior to your extractions. The downside to this type of denture is that as your tissues heal, they tend to change, which means that you may need to have your dentures remade or relined if that occurs.
Schedule an Appointment
Implant-retained denture is a modern denture technology and truly the cream of the crop when it comes to stability and function. With implant-retained dentures, a full denture is secured in place with at least four dental implants that have been surgically placed in your mouth. This method of placing dentures is superior in several ways:
- It helps preserve your jawbone so that it does not deteriorate over time
- Covering the roof of your mouth is not necessary, which can be more comfortable and helps retain your sensitivity to temperatures and tastes
- You don’t need to worry about adhesives or your dentures slipping or falling out
Start smiling again
At Pasadena Prosthodontics, Drs. Christopher and Baldwin Marchack understand how important your smile is in all areas of your life. They combine their years of experience, skills, and artistry to provide personalized, compassionate care and beautiful results. If dentures are not the right option for you, our team offers multiple other tooth replacement options to meet a variety of needs.
To learn more about the ways you can restore your missing teeth and start smiling again, call our Pasadena, CA office today at 855.770.3737. If you are an existing patient, you can reach us at 626.793.6700.
Back to Dentures Page